The Cobalt falls in the compact car sized class of cars. Chevrolet introduced it in 2005. It replaced the Cavalier and Geo Prism as Chevy’s compact car. Available in both a sedan or a coupe and based on the GM Delta Platform, it is a front wheel drive car. Not a car with powerful engine options, great economy was the main goal. Remanufactured Cobalt engines for sale are inexpensive, which is perfect for an inexpensive car.
Surprisingly, when I recommend a remanufactured engine as a replacement option, the first thing most people say is, ”that sounds expensive”. I understand that the term remanufactured may insinuate expensive in some minds, but the reality if the matter is when it comes to replacing your engine, remanufactured motors are quite a good value, and inexpensive in the long run.
At this point only five engines in total are offered door the Cobalt. All of them are inline four cylinder engines. All are gasoline operated and one engine has a supercharger for more power.
Engine list for Chevy cobalt:
1. 2.0 L Turbo LNF engine. A turbocharged direct injected Ecotec engine and was introduced in the 2007 by Pontiac and Saturn
2. 2.0 L S/C LSJ engine. LSJ engines are supercharged variants of the LK9 Ecotec engine, with an M62 Eaton-Roots supercharger and air to liquid inter-cooler for more horsepower.
3. 2.2 L L61 engine. also known as a Z22SE in other countries. All Family II engines are straight-4 piston engines, originally developed by Opel in the early ’70s.
4. 2.4 L LE5 engine is a larger 2.4 L—2,376 cc version of Chevy Ecotec motors.
5. 2.2 L LAP engine is used from 2006 to 2007 in the Cobalt SS.
Chevy made good use of many versions of four cylinder engines. An option was available for most people interested in a modest economy car.
Lets review the exact engine code for each model cobalt for your convenience, especially if you need a replacement engine:
2005–2006 2.2 L Ecotec L61 I4 145 hp
2009–2010 2.2 L Ecotec LAP I4 155 hp
2006 2.4 L Ecotec LE5 I4 171 hp
2007–2008 2.4 L Ecotec LE5 I4 173 hp
2005–2007 2.0 L Ecotec LSJ S/C I4 205 hp
2008–2010 2.0 L Ecotec LNF Turbo I4 260 hp wiki
All of this is for your convenience, if you need an engine and are not a mechanic, take a few minutes to call Remanufacturedenginesforsale.com and speak to a member of our staff with years of hands on experience with engines, allow us to council you on which engine suits your needs, and which engine fits your budget. Call the company that cares right now.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.